Crossposted from TK-Nation. TK-Nation's a South-East Asian gaming site that plays home to news about quality underdogs from the gaming world, indie cosplay and video game collectibles.
Hands down, Solace has got to be one of the most staggeringly beautiful titles I have ever seen. Call me biased towards 'bullet hell' shoot 'em ups, I don't care; I stand by what I say. While plenty of games are pretty enough, few have been able to so skillfully combine graphics, music and meaning. There are no 8-bit character models to behold here; the inhabitants of Solace look like abstract renditions of some Flash Designer's dream of angels.
Delicate and wispy-looking, you and your opponents are essentially incandescent orbs of light framed by a combination of glyphs and translucent tendrils. However, where your enemies are usually vividly-colored, you are not. Unlike them, you exist in monochrome: a splash of bleakness amidst the irridiscence around you.
Comments
Post a Comment