Data Minning and the “stalk market” in the video games industry. - by Rhys Hovey

      Posted 09/01/10 09:20:00 pm   Data Minning and the “stalk market” in the video games industry. (in progress)

 
In light of recent announcements about the San Fransisco district attorney and their investigation order into ZYNGA's “covert advertising”/ ”guerrilla marketing” practices, I feel I must make my “expert opinion” and testimony, known. Why? Simple, I care about your teenagers, my job, and my future “customers” as a video game designer / programmer, with HUGE dreams, not to mention a personal and never ending hatred for covert advertising and psychological abuse marketing. I will admit that I was the first one that I knew to understand what covert advertising was amongst my peers, as I learned about it by being a “bar star raver type” rather than a computer scientist, because often they are concerned with criminally “leading on lonely loser men” with beautiful wanna be actress women, to get them to buy expensive “big ticket” items, exactly when they “run into money”, and are highly associated with Scientology, and ACTRA/SAG as well as marketing companies like McCann, Omnicom, and Interpublic.

I wrote the novel “ADverCities” which is a cheesy romantic comedy story for 17 year old girls, which takes place from the perspective of “James” who “figures out” how to become a “live advertisement”, via human covert suggestion, meaning a stranger/stalker “hints at it”. He goes to work at “Lierson media” which basically ends up being what I call “the stalk market” where they engage in organized corporate stalking, and organized psychological abuse, and surveillance. One of the chapters touches on next gen “advertising” technology, the surveillance shopping mall, and data minning. This book was a blatant attempt to inform young teens about their new technological adversary, being targeted by marketing technology and “buzz marketing gangs”.


The recent happenings with ZYNGA inc, is what I am considering to be the beginning of what looks like it will be a complete failure of a business, because by definition it relies on crime, coversion, secrecy, gangs, wifi gambling machines, Scientology, 9-11 systems, hospitals, telecoms and most importantly the harm of innocent teenagers, none of which will stay that stupid, for that long. A very bad conflict of interest appears to be growing  with the intelligence of local police, and their knowledge about craigslist / Facebook crimes. This is based on my direct conversations with the Vancouver police department, as well as on communications with other government agencies in the US, and Canada. Facebook as been the feul to learn the much needed lessons, as it's adoption rate almost scary, and covert advertising was most likely used for it's promotion. (see McCann, and their “guerrilla marketing”) AdverCities was a book I wrote, before Facebook existed, a lot has changed. The personal information market was largely Google, Microsoft, Yahoo and a few others.

Now, the stalk market is now entering the hands of “games developers” and “toy makers” who seem to be much more concerned about inferior and free products, with their profits existing largely in what appears to be a sell out of the “real time data of teenagers”, and getting revoltingly high buyout prices that scare me, for the quality of their “visible products”, like Playdom, and trying to explain this away with “micro-transactions” and “advertising banners”, and failing.

SO WHAT DO WE DO WITH ALL OF THIS REAL TIME DATA ABOUT YOUR TEENAGER??

Plain and simple?? Evil, Illegal and risky things. If you start thinking about this kind of thing, you will surely come to the same easy conclusion, and the same set of cover lies that are being used.  Truthfully, most information sources and people say “meddle with their lives” , or “Not much good will come of this” , or “break into people's houses” or “target their social lives”, “as usual create the disease, sell the cure”, the ANTI-COVERT ADVERTISING community is ALREADY large (see proctor and gamble “Tremor”) Of course most companies will tell you that they will not sell the data, or that they would never use “street gangs” or “covert advertising” or “Scientology”, and they simply use it for their own “marketing research”, and it goes without saying,. HACKING will always be the be all end all excuse for everything that goes wrong with the computer, or some “bug”.

So how does it work technically??

So what is victim minning?? Victim profiling?? Imagine this, a computer program can scan a billion e-mails easily and look for the phrase “I am depressed” , or “I want to kill myself” or “I hate myself” , or “I can't find a job”. It is my opinion that data mining won't have enough time to take off, because text mining is going to get so many games developers in trouble, our “CRASH” has a reason outside of the 2008 economic crisis.

…. TO BE CONTINUED

If you really need more info now, check out “The SOLID HISTORY of COMMODORE 64 GAMES: SS TI TC TM” by Rhys Paul Hovey.

    Comments
Rhys Hovey
1 Sep 2010 at 6:27 pm PST

Comments