I've been playing Starcraft 2 recently as Protoss, and one of my most interesting matchups is fighting Terran. Terran are difficult for me to fight because of the wide range of strategies available to them, and their ability to prevent scouting.
Of course everyone knows Terran close off their ramp with buildings, that is nothing new. However, I know of a really powerful Terran ground strategy. It isn't anything new, it is a mix of Marines, Marauders, Medivacs, and Siege Tanks. This mix of units is extremely powerful.
Siege Tanks will destroy anything on the ground, backed with Marauders, Marines, and Medivacs you have a pretty tough troop. I especially love this army verses any Protoss player. Protoss players only real air counter to that strategy is Carriers. Void Rays wont' be able to do anything about the Marines.
Let me make a note of saying, that Dark Templar's are not very good for harassing a Terran. Not only can he scan to kill you, but he can lift off his Command Center if it is going to die anyway, which happened to me twice in my last game. The Terran player simply lifted off one Command Center, scanned with another, killed me, then landed back down. So I won't be going Dark Templar's against Terran anymore, I suggest you don't either.
Immortals do good against Siege Tanks, Stalkers not so much. Zealots won't stand a chance against the Marauders, Marines, and Medivacs. I think a good Protoss army to counter this is lots of Immortals, maybe a Collasus or two, and a couple Sentries. Maybe even High Templars for Psionic Storm.
Stalkers and Zealots are not the call verses Terran, but they may be needed for early game defense. The beauty about the Terran tripe M strategy is that it always leaves them with units, which means you can be rushed. Since going for a Robotics build isn't an early game strategy, I'm going to try building a couple Photon Cannons. One Gateway (maybe two), one Forge, a couple Cannons, then a couple Stalkers (prevents Reaper rushes) would be a good strategy verses Terran. Then I'd build two or three Robotics, and start pumping Immortals while working my way to Collasus. I'd also build some sentries to back up the Immortals. I'd build an Observer to scout right away too.
This is my new verses Terran strategy with Protoss, it is still a work in progress. Protoss are a new race to me in Starcraft 2, I'm already very familiar with Zerg. However I feel that by learning to play all the races, I'll become a better Zerg player, so that is what I'm doing.
Please check out my Starcraft 2 strategy guide review website.
I have some really great guides, with some really detailed reviews. Plus an awesome Starcraft 2 strategy e-mail list.
Check it out: strategy guide reviews
Or at: http://sc2stratguidereviews.com
Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert
Comments
Post a Comment