Starcraft 2 - Protoss Verses Zerg Guide - Part 1

Comments (0)

This is going to be part #1 of my Protoss verses Zerg guide.

For those of you that follow my blog, you'll know that I felt that I reached a good point where I am comfortable playing Zerg. So I decided to start playing Protoss, because I want to become comfortable playing them. Now firstly, let me just say this is totally screwing up my solo record, however it is worth it to learn Protoss.

I jumped right in to solo, I feel like playing solo games teaches you a lot more than team games. With team games your little mistakes can slide, in solo games they can't. So if you want to get good, play solo games even though it might be tougher than playing team games (you have no one to blame).

So anyway, I've become decent at Protoss verses Terran. For whatever reason my first four or five matchups were all verses Terran. Anyhow I matched up against a favored Zerg player in the Diamond league.

Now playing Terran recently, I learned how useless Zealots can be for early game defense. So my build typically involves Stalkers. This Zerg read me like a book, saw my Stalker build, and went mass Zerglings.

His mass Zerglings had a tough time of it, but they eventually broke through my Stalkers and a few Zealots. What I elarned, is that when Protoss is playing Zerg, Zealots are going to be needed. You need Zealots to deal with the Zerglings, Stalkers are next to useless. They do good damage to the Zerglings, but they don't attack fast enough to kill them all. Zealots on the other hand kill Zerglings quite nicely.

So if I random up against another Zerg, I'll get a few extra Zealots. If I see Roaches, I'll switch to Stalkers/Immortals. It was a lesson that cost me a whole loss on my record, which I take very seriously. So please use my lesson, and when you match up against Zerg as Protoss get extra Zealots in the beginning.

Please check out my Starcraft 2 strategy guide review website.

I have some really great guides, with some really detailed reviews. Plus an awesome SC2 strategy e-mail list.

Check it out: strategy guide reviews

Or at: http://sc2stratguidereviews.com

Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert

Comments