Starcraft 2 Protoss Strategy - Verses Protoss

Comments (0)

So I've been learning Protoss lately in Starcraft 2. I already feel very comfortable about my Zerg gameplay, but now that I'm learning Protoss I'm writing as I go.

I'm sharing my lessons with you, so you don't need to make the mistakes I already made.

So I played Protoss for the first time as Protoss. This was a Diamond league player, who was favored over me. I think I'm about rank 16.

Anyway he ran a Probe into my base and started building Pylons all over. He also rushed Warp Gates, I didn't know this.

All of the sudden he is warping in Zealots, much more than I can handle. My Stalkers are just coming out, but I lost almost all my Probes. I finally pushed him out and destroyed the Pylon. I then attacked him. I had almost all Stalkers, like two Zealots. I still think Stalkers are the call in Protoss verses Protoss matches.

He was able to fend me off, but he lost a lot of units. I then expanded, and sent more Stalkers to attack, which won me the game.

So verses Protoss I think Stalkers are better than Zealots. I also don't think warping units in to fight the other Protoss player is the right move. I'm not saying it can't work, but it didn't work against me, so I'm not going to try it. In my next Protoss game I am going to build a third Gateway quicker, waiting for Protoss units to build takes too long in the early game.

Three Gateways would have enabled me to pump a lot of extra Stalkers, which I could have used to fend him off quicker and win on my first attack.

Please check out my Starcraft 2 strategy guide review website.

I have some really great guides, with some really detailed reviews. Plus an awesome Starcraft 2 strategy e-mail list.

Check it out: strategy guide reviews

Or at: http://sc2stratguidereviews.com

Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert

Comments