Quick Look / Move patches on Heavy Rain, EyePet, and MAG

One of the best things about PlayStation Move is that even before picking one up you’ve probably got one or two games that support the device, as certain titles already have patches for the controller. I spent the weekend rummaging through my library of PS3 titles and pulling out games that patched in Move support.

The first title I was eager to try out was Heavy Rain, which was not only patched but received a whole new retail edition for those that missed out on the murder mystery the first time around. I reviewed Quantic Dream’s adventure way back in February and really enjoyed it, but I had a few issues, one of which being the controls. I since went on to platinum the game, vowing never to put the disc in again after endlessly replaying scene after scene for my trophy addiction.

It turns out that the Move controls may just pull me through the experience one more time though. While a lot of the simpler motions built into the game like opening doors come off a little cheap, during the more intense action scenes it’s a lot more fun and (more importantly) challenging to whip the controller around in time. Mundane tasks like brushing your teeth feel even more ridiculous now that you have to wave your arms around to do them, but once you settle in you find it helps the game flow a lot more than with a DualShock. It still manages to make an amazingly complex mini-game for sitting down though; can’t I just push X?

Moving on I dug up my copy of EyePet, which also got the retail treatment. In fact, getting the disc may well be the better option over a patch seeing as it comes with a hefty download, weighing in at over 2GB. Plus it now sits on my XMB all the time, creating an awkward moment of silence when I turn on the PS3 to play Fifa with my mates and they all see the cutesy EyePet logo:

Comments